One of the closest B&Bs to Newgrange, this is the ideal base for your tour of one of Ireland's most historic areas. Our B&B is modern with all comforts, nicely furnished & located in a peaceful area. Our warm welcome and hospitality matches the beauty of this area. Go back in time by visiting the Newgrange Prehistoric Burial site, Knowth, Dowth, The High Crosses of Monasterboice, Tara, Slane and the Boyne Valley. Close to some good beaches, golf courses and a racecourse.
The Megalithic Passage Tomb at Newgrange
Built around 3200 BC, it is estimated that the construction of the Passage Cairn at Newgrange would have taken a work force of 300 at least 20 years. On the winter solstice a shaft of sunlight shines through the roof box over the entrance and penetrates the passage to light up the chamber. This dramatic event lasts for 17 minutes at dawn from 19-23 December. Visitors to the chamber on regular tours experience a simulated Solstice using electric light.
Step 1: Select the number of nights you wish to stay
- Family farmhouse set in Boyne Valley
- Ideal touring base - Newgrange, Tara & Monasterboice
- ALL rooms en suite - TV - Tea & Coffee & Hair Dryer
- Private Parking - Gardens - TV Lounge
- Extensive Breakfast Menu
- Touring Advice - golf, fishing etc
- Free wireless Internet access
- Lougher Farm is also within 30 minutes of Dublin Airport.